ROGERS COUNTY, Okla. - Rogers County sheriff’s deputies say Denton Howard is in jail for throwing rocks at cars off Highway 412.
According to reports, at least 10 callers reported the man for throwing rocks. At least four cars had damage.
Rogers County Sheriff Scott Walton said it doesn’t take much to create a big hazard for cars traveling at high speeds.
Officials said Howard has been in jail since June but has since faced additional charges.
Howard is accused of spitting on a detention officer and using a lunch tray to damage jail property. Officials said he hit a sprinkler head in the cell that caused flooding.
Officials said Howard faces multiple charges of battery and assault, damage to property and warrants out of Wagoner County.
- Animal rescue saves cat injured after firecrackers tied to front paw
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Wasp spray on rise as meth alternative in West Virginia
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Judge rules to overturn 1991 murder conviction in Tulsa
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.