TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Someone reportedly stole a gun, cash and hundreds of thousands of dollars' worth of custom-made jewelry from Michael Carrasquillo's home.
- Carrasquillo is an audio engineer who has worked with Lil Wayne and been nominated for four Grammy Awards.
- Police say a relative of Sterling Thompson identified him as the suspect after seeing surveillance footage on Carrasquillo's Facebook page.
A man is in jail after Tulsa police say his own family members saw a Facebook post and turned him in.
Police now say Sterling Thompson kicked in the back door of a midtown home near 15th and Peoria on November 12, stealing the victim's daughter’s vacation savings and two safes containing a gun and hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of custom-made jewelry and other collector’s items.
The victim, Michael Carrasquillo, was reportedly an audio engineer who has been nominated for four Grammy Awards and worked with Lil Wayne on a platinum record.
Police say Carrasquillo posted surveillance video on his Facebook page, and it was shared more than 100 times before the victim heard from Thompson’s cousin, who identified the suspect.
Police called the suspect’s grandfather who said Thompson was ready to surrender, and police arrested him at his Broken Arrow apartment.
Police say they found a stolen gun and possible loot from other burglaries in Thompson’s apartment.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Oklahoma groups calls on Gov. Fallin to set date for medical marijuana vote
- Muskogee County inmates to soon have access to tablets
- 1 dead after deadly Bixby crash
- Barack Obama broke the internet after tweeting Biden a #BidenMeme
- Top news, trending stories- ‘Like’ FOX23 News on Facebook
Trending Video Two arrested in Claremore homicide, robbery involving sword
© 2019 Cox Media Group.