TULSA, Okla. - A man is in jail after Tulsa police said he shot at a woman and two young children in a car.
Police said last Wednesday, the woman was driving near 36th North and Hartford when she passed a man she knew driving on the street.
The man made a U-turn on the road and passed her, then got out of the car ahead on the road and stood on the sidewalk.
According to court papers, the woman told him to leave, but he yelled at her, and then fired multiple shots at the woman and her children. Officers later found shell casings at the scene and bullet holes in the woman’s car.
The woman drove away, went to a family member’s house and called police.
The victim identified the suspect as DeMarco Releford, a convicted felon. He’s now charged with three counts of shooting with intent to kill and possession of a firearm after conviction of a felony.
FOX23 spoke to Releford last year after he was accused in connection with a different shooting. He told FOX23 it was a case of mistaken identity. Those charges have since been dismissed.
- Glowing orange hunter's moon rising this weekend, ushering in fall
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- CDC urging pregnant women to get flu shot, whooping cough vaccines
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Rihanna turned down Super Bowl halftime gig in support of Colin Kaepernick
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.