WAGONER COUNTY, Okla. - A man in jail is accused of additional crimes including stealing two fire trucks in Wagoner County, authorities said Monday.
Aaron Johnson of Haskell is currently in Muskogee County Jail on unrelated charges, but the Wagoner County Sheriff's Department connected him to a handful of other crimes from the last year.
Wagoner County deputies said Friday they received warrants in connection to an aggravated assault in the Stone Bluff area.
Johnson will face charges for that and multiple crimes the department laid out:
- Aaron Johnson is charged along with two others for burglary, robbery, and kidnapping a 13-year-old boy.
- Authorities equipped Johnson with a GPS ankle monitor as he awaited trial.
December 18, 2019
- Wagoner County deputies responded to the home of James Murray in the Stone Bluff area.
- Deputies say two men broke in and robbed Murray at gunpoint. The two men beat Murray when he tried to fight back.
- The two men beat Murray and stole several belongings from his home including his pickup truck.
- The GPS records tie Aaron Johnson to the crime, deputies say.
February 27, 2019
- Wagoner County deputies responded to a burglary call at the Red Bird Fire Department.
- Investigators found two fire trucks were stolen -- only to be found a few days later.
- Authorities arrested James Moats Jr. in connection to the crime.
- GPS records also tied Aaron Johnson to the fire truck theft.
Aaron Johnson is facing charges for the following:
- Aggravated assault and battery of great bodily injury inflicted upon an aged person
- 1st Degree Robbery with a firearm
- 1st Degree Burglary
- 2 counts of larceny of an automobile
- 2nd Degree Burglary
- Possession of firearm after felony conviction
- 11th American tourist dies after falling ill in Dominican Republic
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Mother charged after being accused of playing 'chicken,' running over 3-year-old son
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Missing 8-year-old boy with autism found dead in swimming pool, police say
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking alerts sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.