SAPULPA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- SeneGence International broke ground on new facilities in Sapulpa Friday.
- The company's founder grew up in the city.
A cosmetics company that’s gone global is coming back to its founder’s roots in Oklahoma.
Friday afternoon, SeneGence International officials broke ground on 225 acres of land near Sapulpa.
They plan to build their Midwest corporate headquarters and distribution center.
They chose Sapulpa over Saint Louis, Dallas and Oklahoma City because founder Joni Rogers-Kante grew up in Sapulpa.
The company is already employing 10 people in downtown Sapulpa, where they spent $1.5 million remodeling a building.
They plan to employ as many as 85 people.
- The Latest: Matthew hovers near Florida coast
- Rain headed out, cool moving in
- Thieves kick in south Tulsa man’s door
- Lightning sparks south Tulsa house fire
- Bixby Spartans host Sapulpa Chieftains in FOX23's Game of the Week
© 2019 Cox Media Group.