CHEROKEE COUNTY, Okla. — A man and a woman died, and a sheriff’s deputy was treated for minor injuries following a crash Friday night in Cherokee County, according to a report released by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol said the crash happened around 7 p.m. on North 510 Road & East 688 Road, 4.5 miles north of Tahlequah.
Driver Grace Blaylock, 22, and passenger Jared Whipple-Wilkerson, 20, both from Tahlequah died at the scene, troopers said.
Cherokee County Sheriff’s deputy Ryan Young was treated for minor injuries, Cherokee County Sheriff Jason Chennault said.
The cause of the crash is under investigation by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
- ‘I can’t wait to be back home’ | Recovering Tulsa police officer thanks community for support in video message
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
- Minnesota man rescues injured bald eagle on interstate
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Coronavirus: American Airlines to cut 25,000 jobs
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
Cox Media Group