TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Tulsa ER & Hospital has technology that can detect 20 viruses and bacteria including four strains of coronavirus.
- There are seven known strains of coronavirus.
- Doctors say most people who get the virus do not get the strain that is in China.
- The test is done with a nasal swab.
- There is no specific treatment for coronavirus but there is supportive care.
- Once doctors determine which strain someone has they can find out more about that person’s symptoms and severity of their illness.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group