- A Fort Gibson man recently showed off his blacksmith skills by taking first place in a competition television show.
- 23-year-old Nic Overton compete on the History Channel’s “Forged In Fire.” The entire show is focused on blacksmith work.
- Along with bragging rights, he won a $10,000 prize.
- He told FOX23 he’s been fascinated with the work since he was a child and built his first knife out of a railroad spike. He managed to turn his hobby into a career and went on start his own business called Nix Knives.
- Watch FOX23 reporter Justin Ayer’s story in the video above.
© 2020 © 2019 Cox Media Group