TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- One year since police say Crystal Wishart was killed
- Detectives say she suffered blunt force trauma to the head before she was burned inside a west Tulsa home
- They have not been able to solve the case
- The family released balloons in her honor Wednesday night
- Homicide detectives said they aren't giving up hope and are confident the case will be solved
A local family is hoping for answers one year after their loved one’s murder.
Last September police say Crystal Wishart AKA Crystal Welch was beaten and burned inside a west tulsa home.
Tuesday FOX23 was with her family as they prepared for a memorial service.
They released 150 balloons in her honor.
“This is the only thing that we know to do to make us feel a little better,” Crystal’s aunt Lori Baldwin said.
The family said they are sticking together, and they have a message for Crystal’s killer.
“Don’t be a coward. You know you did it. Give them some peace of mind and own up to what you did,” Baldwin said.
Tulsa homicide detectives are confident they have spoken to the killer and that with more time they will solve the case.