TULSA, Okla. — Meals on Wheel of Metro Tulsa is trying to ensure every family enjoys a Thanksgiving dinner.
In addition to serving their 1,400 homebound clients, Meals on Wheels is partnering with churches in North and East Tulsa to distribute meals to 2,000 families in need.
The organization will have a low touch drive-thru Saturday through Wednesday at different locations.
Over the course of the Holiday Week, Meals on Wheels leaders anticipate providing meals for more than 8,000 individuals.
Here are the dates and locations for meal distribution:
- Saturday, Nov. 21: St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church at 11 a.m. (2434 E. Admiral Blvd), St. Thomas Moore Catholic Church in the afternoon (2720 S 129th E. Ave.)
- Sunday, Nov. 22: Piedra Angular at 12:30 p.m. (13016 E. 4th Place, Tulsa OK), Metropolitan Baptist Church at 1 p.m. (1228 W. Apache, Tulsa, OK)
- Monday, Nov. 23: Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club at 4-6 p.m. (3001 N Cincinnati Ave, Tulsa, OK), Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club at 4-6 p.m. (1231 N Harvard Ave, Tulsa, OK)
- Tuesday, Nov. 24: Templo Cristiano Cordero De Dios at 1:30 p.m. (Asbury North Parking Lot), Morning Star Baptist Church all-day (1009 E. Pine, Tulsa, OK), Comunidad de Esperanza – Lutheran Church at 4 p.m. (6727 S. Sheridan Rd.)
- Wednesday, Nov. 25: Vernon AME at 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (311 North Greenwood, Tulsa, OK.)
Cox Media Group