TULSA, Okla. — A man was arrested Wednesday after deputies say he stabbed another man’s Labrador retriever.
William Goddard, 37, is facing animal cruelty charges after stabbing the dog in a yard in the 5200 block of South 85th W Ave. and then leaving the scene, the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post.
The dog’s owner rushed him to a veterinarian, where the animal is being treated for his injuries, deputies said.
Goddard told deputies he stabbed the dog in self-defense, but witnesses say the dog was playing with another dog at the time and posed no threat to Goddard.
Goddard was released from jail shortly after his arrest on a $2,000 bond.
- Sapulpa family searching for answers after missing soldier’s remains found in Texas
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
- Disease deadly only to rabbits suspends rabbit exhibition in Oklahoma
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- ‘Dixie Chicks’ officially change their name to ‘The Chicks’
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group