Tulsa man pleads guilty to federal charges, will be sentenced in January

TULSA, Okla. — Update, Sept. 23, 2021:

Moore has pleaded guilty in federal court.

In a blind plea, 19-year-old Moore admitted to the following charges: lewd acts with a child under 16 in Indian Country; three counts of burglary in the first degree in Indian Country; attempted sexual abuse by threat in Indian Country; Coercion and Enticement of a Minor; Attempted Production of Child Pornography; and Attempted Receipt of Child Pornography.

Moore is scheduled to be sentenced in January.

Update, Aug. 25, 2021:

A Tulsa man scheduled to plead guilty Tuesday for a series of sex offenses and ‘peeping Tom’ incidents now faces an additional sex offense charge, announced Acting U.S. Attorney Clint Johnson.

Jesse Moore is now also charged with coercion and enticement.

While in federal custody, Moore is said to have routinely accessed the program “JailATM” through a stationary kiosk or portable smart pad in order to video chat or message with a minor female. The complaint outlines more than ten conversations between the defendant and minor.

During the conversations, Moore repeatedly pressured the minor for sexually explicit video and images of herself or tried to coerce the minor to engage in sexually explicit behavior while the two video chatted.

Update, Dec. 30, 2020:

Tulsa police say Jesse Thomas Moore, a suspect they believe connected to multiple attempted rape and stalking incidents, appeared in court for the first time today.

Officers arrested Moore on Dec. 23 after serving a search warrant at his residence for stalking, peeping Tom, first degree burglary, and attempted rape.

Moore, who appeared for the hearing, was detained after the court found probable cause, believing he committed the crimes. The attorney and investigator also added a charge for lewd or indecent proposals or acts to child under 16 after additional criminal complaints were made to police.

The latest charge Moore is now facing was made after police say he broke into a Tulsa residence back in May of 2020. Moore, who had been snapchatting a 14-year-old girl, broke into her home, stood over her while she slept, and masturbated. The girl then woke up and Moore reportedly left the home.

Moore, a member of the Cherokee Nation, is being tried in federal court.

Original Story Dec. 23, 2020:

Tulsa police say a man they believe is connected to multiple attempted rape and stalking incidents is now in jail.

On Dec. 13, Tulsa Police Officers responded to a report of a home invasion and sexual assault near the campus of University of Tulsa. The victim reported that she was woken up by an unknown male that threatened to kill her if she said anything. The suspect attempted to sexually assault the victim, but she was able to bite him and scream, which woke the other people in the house and caused the suspect to leave. Surveillance video in the area showed the suspect enter the residence before running out the front door approximately 40 minutes later. The investigation showed that the victim had been stalked by the suspect for at least 3 days prior to the home invasion.

On Dec. 15, another victim was located in south Tulsa that reported home break-in by a similar suspect. Detectives were able to recover video surveillance that showed the same suspect repeatedly stalking the victim in this case over the course of approximately 5 weeks. A task force that consisted of the Special Victims Unit, Special Investigations Division, Fugitive Warrants Unit, and Intel Analysts were ultimately able to identify a suspect in this series of crimes.

On Dec. 23, a search warrant was served at the residence of Jesse Thomas Moore. Moore was placed under arrest and booked on charges of Attempted Rape, First Degree Burglary, Stalking, and Peeping Tom.

If you have any information on this incident or similar ones, contact Lieutenant Darin Ehrenrich of the Special Victims Unit at dehrenrich@cityoftulsa.org or (918) 596-9168.