- World Trade Center Memorial at Washington Irving Park
- 9 a.m. ceremony with color guard, bagpipers and guest speakers
- memorials set up, piece of the Twin Towers on display
- All proceeds go to Military Support Organizations such as Forge of Honor and Tulsa Vet Center
- Saturday, Sept. 11 from 5 - 11p.m., Riverwalk Commons at 300 Riverwalk Terrace #290
- kids zone, raffle and silent auction, food specials and live music
Salute to Our Heroes, Tulsa
- Friday, Sept. 10 at 7:30 p.m.
- Tulsa Elks Lodge, 5335 South Harvard in Kearney Hall
- Tables for 8 can be purchased for $100 or Single Tickets $20 RSVP: GLENDA MILES #918.943.6169 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benefits Tulsa Police Department Annual Giving of School Supplies and a grant for Tulsa firefighters to be able to install free smoke detectors in Tulsa neighborhoods
- music, dessert and drinks
- Saturday, Sept. 11 at 8:15 a.m., moment of silence at 8:45 a.m.
- First Place Tower, 15 E. 5th Street
- Tulsa fire fighters and first responders will climb 110 flights of stairs to honor those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. Proceeds from the climb will benefit Hydrants of Hope – a charity helping children and their families who have been impacted by cancer.
- Relay starts in Boston, Mass. makes its way through Oklahoma starting Sept. 30 ends in Santa Monica, Calif.
- 415 stages, across 18 states, over 3,500 miles, for 38 days
- Each stage has only 1 lead runner that carries the baton and up to 10 support runners. You can also sign up to run virtually.
- The relay raises money for first responders and military.
9/11 Remembrance Ceremony, Tulsa
- Saturday, Sept.11 at 8:30 a.m.
- VFW Post 577, 1109 East 6th Street
- Centennial Park renamed Veterans Park, with signage unveiled following ceremony at 1028 E. 6th Street
©2021 Cox Media Group