TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Tulsa police are investigating the deaths of two people near 91st and Yale.
- Police confirm the deaths of a man and a woman are being investigated as a homicide.
- Police identified the victims as Beverly and Joseph Spence. They were both found with gunshot wounds.
- Police arrested 40-year-old Bryan Spence on suspicion of killing his parents.
- This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
Tulsa police arrested the adult son of a man and woman found dead in south Tulsa on March 2.
Officers first found an abandoned car near 81st and Harvard that led them to the home where the bodies were found near 91st and Yale.
Police say there were two rifles in the car and the smell of gas kept them out of the home initially as firefighters investigated the leak.
Detectives told FOX23 both victims were found with gunshot wounds. They have been identified as Beverly and Joseph Spence.
Late Monday night police announced they arrested 40-year-old Bryan Spence. He is the son of the two victims.
Police say Bryan Spence initially denied being in Tulsa but text messages showed he was there to repay his parents who he owed $17,000.
The memorial service for Joseph and Beverly Spence is March 13 at 10 a.m.
© 2020 Cox Media Group