FOYIL, Okla. — A woman was arrested Friday after deputies say she ran over her 11-year-old son and tried to leave the scene.
Deputies say Ashley Blizzard, 31, was trying to leave a home near Foyil when her husband and 11-year-old son tried to stop her because she appeared to be under the influence.
As Blizzard was getting into the car with her two-year-old, her 11-year-old son opened the driver’s door and tried to get his mom out of the car, deputies reported.
Blizzard left anyway and struck the 11-year-old with the driver’s side door, causing him to fall to the ground and hurt his hands, according to an arrest report.
The child went to go tell his father that his mom “ran over his hands,” according to an arrest report.
When deputies arrived, they found Blizzard inside the car with her two-year-old.
The two-year-old was standing on a broken device commonly used for smoking methamphetamine, deputies reported.
Blizzard was arrested and taken to the Rogers County jail.
She is facing several charges including, child endangerment, child abuse, and driving under the influence.
- Corona beer sales taking hit because of coronavirus outbreak
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
- No, Garth Brooks did not endorse Bernie Sanders at his concert in Detroit
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Dog found in Creek County with ears glued and legs strapped together
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
© 2020 Cox Media Group