Every year, the winter season brings shorter and colder days with it.
Energy experts say during those shorter days, one can maximize the daylight to help keep their home warm while saving on energy costs.
Experts say to use the following “daylighting” strategies:
- Look for the ENERGY STAR® label when buying windows
- Install a programmable thermostat
- Plant trees outside your windows
- Replace air filters at least every three months
- Turn down the temperature of your water heater to the “warm” setting
- Set up a professional energy audit
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group