‘Improperly disposed battery’ likely cause of recycling facility fire, firefighters say

TULSA, Okla. — Fire crews responded to a fire at E Latimer Pl. and N Peoria Ave. at Tulsa Indoor Dump Thursday night.

FOX23 went to the fully engulfed building where TFD dispatched seven engines and three ladders.

Firefighters say it took a lot of manpower because the fire was more challenging than the average fire, but they were able to get it under control and are now checking for hot spots.

Firefighters on the scene told FOX23 they believe a battery initiated the fire, considering it is an area for recycling and batteries don’t belong there.

There were no injuries reported.

They are unsure about the extent of the damage at this time.