OWASSO, Okla. — A man died after an oxygen machine exploded inside an Owasso home on Thursday.
Owasso firefighters responded to the explosion near 81st Street N. and N. Owasso Expressway and found a man dead.
Firefighters say they initially saw a lot of smoke and fire coming from the front of the home.
A man’s oxygen tank ruptured in the fire, throwing one firefighter into another room and a second firefighter onto the front porch.
A third firefighter went into the garage where crews were able to get him out of the home.
All three were taken to the hospital and are expected to recover.
Crews found the man dead but were able to save his mother and another person.
The mother is recovering in the hospital.
Firefighters say the cause of the fire was “smoking while using supplemental oxygen.”
Neighbors say the elderly mother moved from Texas a few years ago and didn’t have family in town. They told FOX23 her son was in a wheelchair and needed help.
Cox Media Group