- Jennifer Ragsdale, associate professor at University of Tulsa and her team are studying “work-life” balance, work stress and productivity.
- She says there’s a lot of stressors that we deal with in the workplace and a lot of that is out of our control. She’s trying to identify something people already do or that they like to do that they could do on a daily basis to help them in the long run.
- For the study, participants will be put in stressful work tasks/situations. Some of them will take breaks and do things like meditate, or solve a puzzle, others will take a break and look at cute animal pictures. Researchers will look at stress levels and work productivity.
- She says it’s easier to get people to do something they’re already used to doing.
- Part of their goal is focusing on what are people doing already and does that actually works.
- Employees and students will be participants in the study first. In the future, they may open this up to the public.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group