KELLYVILLE, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- A Kellyville woman says she is one of the thousands claiming their breast implants are making them sick.
- Kim Shelton says she had her implants removed after 12 years.
- Shelton told FOX23 Anchor Shae Rozzi that over the last six years she started experiencing fatigue, brain fog, joint pain, digestive issues and was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease.
- Shelton says she believes she was experiencing "Breast Implant Illness."
- The FDA says researchers are investigating the cause of illness and warns that implants are not lifelong devices.
- Dr. Nicole Castellese -- a Tulsa cosmetic surgeon who removed Shelton's implants -- says not all patients will feel sick but it is important for women to know if they experience these symptoms that the implants could be the cause.
© 2020 Cox Media Group