KELLYVILLE, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- A Kellyville woman says she is one of the thousands claiming their breast implants are making them sick.
- Kim Shelton says she had her implants removed after 12 years.
- Shelton told FOX23 Anchor Shae Rozzi that over the last six years she started experiencing fatigue, brain fog, joint pain, digestive issues and was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease.
- Shelton says she believes she was experiencing "Breast Implant Illness."
- The FDA says researchers are investigating the cause of illness and warns that implants are not lifelong devices.
- Dr. Nicole Castellese -- a Tulsa cosmetic surgeon who removed Shelton’s implants -- says not all patients will feel sick but it is important for women to know if they experience these symptoms that the implants could be the cause.
- Massive splash park to open at Tulsa's Chandler Park
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Oregon woman poured alcohol into Taco Bell employee's mouth at drive-thru, police say
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- 6-year-old's salute to military members goes viral
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.