TULSA, Okla. - A weekend of festivals is set to kick off in downtown Tulsa between Mayfest, Hop Jam and the Blue Dome Arts Festival.
Don't be caught unprepared though- there may be some rain:
Mayfest kicks off Thursday, promoting arts and humanities. More than 350,000 people are expected to attend the 46th event. The event opens at 11 a.m. on Main starting on 3rd Street and stretching to 7th.
The Blue Dome Arts Festivals is set for May 18-20 between 1st and 3rd streets near Detroit Avenue.
- New for 2018: The Lounge at 4th and Main offers acoustic sets, comedy and non-musical acts. Also offers tent seating for guests.
5 p.m. – 11 p.m. / Thursday, May 17 – Saturday, May 19 / 4th Street and Main
Noon to 5 p.m. / Sunday, May 20 / 4th Street and Main
- Also new for 2018: Live screen-printing by Mythic Press to provide unique souvenir T-shirts
Various hours / Thursday, May 17 – Sunday, May 20 / 5th & Main
- KidZone offers hands-on experiences for children each day of the festival. Click here for the KidZone schedule. KidZone is located at 6th and Main.
- Two art galleries, the Invitational Gallery and the Youth Art Gallery, make up this year’s Mayfest. Both galleries are now located side-by-side:
Williams Tower Lobby / 3rd & Main
11 a.m. – 6 p.m. / Thursday, May 17
11 a.m. – 8 p.m. / Friday, May 18
11 a.m. - 6 p.m. / Saturday, May 19
11 a.m. – 2 p.m. / Sunday, May 20
- More than 100 musicians and dancers grace three Mayfest stages. Here’s a complete four-day performance schedule with locations. All performances are free.
- Concession stands are open during all Mayfest hours. A food guide, including prices, is available by clicking the link.
- Outside exhibits include market artists and juried artists. Artist booths are located on Main Street as well as along Sixth Street. Booths are open:
11 a.m. – 8 p.m. / Thursday, May 17 - Saturday, May 19
11 a.m. – 6 p.m. / Sunday, May 20
Local artists, performers and food trucks will be there to show attendees what they have to offer.
The festival will open each day at 11 a.m. and close at 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 5 p.m. on Sunday.
- Woman charged more than $7,000 after buying toilet paper on Amazon
- Bobcat fever on the rise among cats, veterinarians warn
- White man hired undercover FBI agent to hang black neighbor, burn cross on lawn
- Teacher pay: Which states pay teachers the most?
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox
© 2019 Cox Media Group.