- Music legend Leon Russell died at the age of 74
- A post on Russell's Facebook page and his website said he passed away peacefully in his sleep.
- Russell, who grew up in Tulsa, was one of the originators of the Tulsa sound and played with musicians like Eric Clapton and B.B. King
- Russell was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2011 for his contributions to the music industry
- Russell was inducted to the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame in 2006
The musician and songwriter was from Oklahoma and began his musical career playing in bars and clubs in Tuls as a teen.
The Woody Guthrie Center posted a vintage Leon Russell concert poster on their Facebook page.
Many Green Country fans stopped by The Church Studio, Russell's former recording studio, to leave flowers and messages.
Musicians and celebrities reacted to his death on social media.
Trending on FOX23.com:
© 2020 Cox Media Group