TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- Tulsa Parks announced today Lacy Park Pool will open this Friday at 10 a.m.
- Admission is free this weekend to celebrate the opening after the pool was closed much of the summer for renovations.
“The Lacy community has been waiting a long time to enjoy this great new pool, so we are excited to finally be able to open it for them this weekend,” Tulsa Parks Director Anna America said. “With all of the construction issues we faced, it didn’t look like we were going to be able to open at all this year, so we really appreciate everyone – the contractor, the consultants, the City engineering staff – really coming together to work with the Park Department to open it for the last month of the swim season.”
- Updates to the pool include dual slides, a rock climbing wall, a zero-depth entry with play features for kids, and a 12-foot deep end with a diving board.
- “I am very excited and pleased that the pool is opening at Lacy Park this summer,” Tulsa City Councilor Vanessa Hall-Harper said. “I want to thank Parks Director Anna America and her team for all their hard work in ensuring that District 1 Citizens will have the opportunity to enjoy the brand new state of the art pool this summer.”
- Lacy Park Pool will operate on limited hours until it can get fully staffed on lifeguards.
- Its hours will be Thursday through Saturday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. It will be closed Sunday through Wednesday.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.