ALLEN COUNTY, Kan. - Update: U.S. Marshals confirm Ben Converse shot himself in the head during a chase in south Tulsa Friday evening. Converse later died in the hospital.
The Kansas Bureau of Investigation said a person of interest in a double homicide case may be in Oklahoma.
Multiple agencies are investigating after an Iola, Kansas, man and his daughter were found dead in their home Thursday night.
Investigators said the two victims appeared to have died of gunshot wounds. They have been identified as 69-year-old John Tadlock and 36-year-old Molly E. Wilson.
Authorities are searching for a person of interest identified as 38-year-old Ben Converse. He is a described as white, 5 feet, 9 inches tall and about 175 pounds. Converse may be driving a maroon 2011 Kia Forte with Kansas license plate number 509-KZS.
Anyone who may have seen Converse is asked to contact Iola police at 620-365-4960. Officials ask that people not approach him, but call police instead.
- Michelle Obama unseats Hillary Clinton as most admired woman in America, poll shows
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Slithering surprise: Texas man 'freaked out' to find dozens of rattlesnakes underneath shed
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your newsfeed
- 40-year-old Doritos bag found during nature trail cleanup
- Celebratory gunfire illegal, dangerous, police warn ahead of New Year's Eve
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for alerts sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.