TULSA, Okla. — QUICK FACTS:
- Tulsa police arrest man accused of pistol whipping two women and stealing their van at a north Tulsa apartment complex.
- Police told FOX23 18-year-old Tyvon Murphy pistol whipped two women, threw a baby to the ground and stole their van in June. Officers say they have been searching for Murphy for about a month.
- Murphy escaped arrest when officers found the stolen van after a short chase. Officers say they were able to track Murphy down because left his driver's license in the van.
- The fugitive warrant squad led officers to Murphy's home. Officers gave commands but, Murphy refused to come out. That's when K-9 officers were sent into find Murphy.
- Responders treated Murphy for dog bites. Murphy is now booked into the Tulsa County Jail.
© 2020 Cox Media Group