ROGERS COUNTY, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Someone has been vandalizing the Oakhaven Memorial Gardens veterans monument.
- The cemetery has taken extra security measures.
- Officials believe juveniles may to blame.
Rogers County Sheriff’s deputies are investigating a rash of vandalism at a local cemetery.
Deputies say sometime between September 9th and the morning of September 12, someone damaged the Oakhaven Memorial Gardens veterans monument.
The cemetery manager says pieces of the monuments concrete were broken, chemicals were sprayed and spilled inside the chapel and mausoleum, a fire extinguisher was set off on the veterans monument, light fixtures were shattered and more.
Then, vandals came back Tuesday night and caused more damage.
Sheriff Scott Walton says he believes juveniles are responsible.
The cemetery has taken extra security measures.
- 1973 rape, homicide suspect out of California found hiding out near Oakhurst
- Front-loading washer settlement may mean money for consumers
- Police arrest man accused in hundreds of Tulsa car burglaries, identity theft cases
- Teen arrested, four others missing after north Tulsa chase
- What to expect as rain returns to Green Country
© 2019 Cox Media Group.