Confusion surrounding case against former Bixby football players

BIXBY, Okla. — Quick Facts:

  • FOX23 is working to sort out confusion about a rape case involving four former Bixby football players.
  • The original version of this story reported information from the defense attorney that the case had been dismissed.
  • Rogers County D.A. Matt Ballard said the information provided to FOX23 was "intended to mislead and deceive." He said the "case is being handled within the confines of the juvenile system."
  • This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
  • DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking alerts sent to your phone.

There is confusion surrounding the case against four Bixby football players accused of assaulting a teammate in the fall of 2017.

Clark Brewster, defense attorney for one of the four teens accused told FOX23 Friday night that the case was dismissed.

However, Matt Ballard, district attorney for Rogers County sent FOX23 a statement saying:

"I am aware of the selective release of some information regarding this case.  By design, this information is intended to mislead and deceive.  The reports circulating in the media that the case was dismissed are very misleading.  This case is being handled within the confines of the juvenile system and I must respect the privacy of those proceedings and I am therefore unable to comment further."

FOX23 is working to sort out the information. Check back for updates.

Trending Stories

Trending Video