TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- An intrusion alarm sent police to Independent Building Materials around 5:50 a.m.
- They found between 3 and 4 gallons of muriatic acid spilled at the business
- Hazmat crews were called to the scene
- Muriatic acid is not flammable but creates explosion hazards if it comes into contact with metal
- Police said someone broke a window in a possible attempted burglary
- They knocked over a bottle of the acid during that break-in
- Firefighters were working to neutralize the acid with water and soda ash; the company called a private company to continue cleaning as its no longer a public safety issue
- This is the second time this week burglars have targeted the business.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Intrusion alarm reveals north Tulsa acid spill
- Vigil honors four killed in McClain County crash
- Tulsa teacher turns to panhandling to raise money for classroom supplies
- 16-year-old from Minnesota ID'd as victim of John Wayne Gacy
- Sen. McCain diagnosed with brain tumor after clot removed
© 2018 Cox Media Group.