SAND SPRINGS, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Tulsa County Sheriff's Office responded to the KRMG AM transmitter site around 10 a.m. Sunday.
- Two people were found at the base of the transmitter near West 55th Street and Tower Drive in Sand Springs.
- One person died on the scene and the other was taken to the hospital, according to officials.
- Tulsa County officials identified the man killed as Albert Badger, 39.
- A third person is facing murder charges in connection with the crime.
One person is dead after an incident at the KRMG AM radio tower in Sand Springs on Sunday.
Tulsa County deputies responded to a call about a man dead at the transmitter site around 10 a.m. near 55th Street and Tower Drive.
Deputies found the man -- Alfred Badger -- dead along with another man injured. Officials say the man had been electrocuted.
The other person at the tower was taken to the hospital.
Deputies arrested Angie West on Sunday, who they say is Badger's girlfriend.
West told deputies she drove the two men to the site in an attempt to steal copper. Deputies say she fell asleep in the car and drove away the next morning thinking the two men may have run away from authorities in the area.
KRMG and FOX23 are partners as a part of Cox Enterprises.
Cox Media Group Tulsa Market Vice President Cathy Gunther released the following statement after the incident:
<span class="wsc-grammar-problem" data-grammar-phrase="">"</span>Early this morning two individuals broke into the KRMG AM transmitter site. It appears they attempted to access a building through a conduit and were electrocuted. One of the individuals is deceased and one was transported to the hospital. From the tools and materials found at the site, it appears that they were attempting to steal copper.
The safety of our community is of utmost importance <span class="wsc-grammar-problem" data-grammar-phrase="-" data-grammar-rule="DASH_RULE" data-wsc-lang="en_US">-</span> please do not enter any transmitter site, for any reason, as the area is extremely dangerous.<span class="wsc-grammar-problem" data-grammar-phrase="">"</span>
Cox Media Group