- Boosting gas mileage is top of mind as prices at the pump go up
- Gas Buddy predicted 2018 gas prices could reach the highest in the last four years
- AAA offers some advice on maximizing your gas mileage.
- CHECK gas prices on FOX23.com
AAA offers this advice if you want to get more miles out of the gas in your tank:
- Avoid rapid escalation and hard stops, anticipating road conditions can help drivers avoid these
- Observe the speed limit. Fuel economy can drop as speeds increase
- Use cruise control- this helps with speed fluctuations and leads to more consistent mileage
- Avoid idling
- Avoid driving at peak commute times if possible
- Amazon Prime offers in-store discounts at Whole Foods
- Murder suspect identified after dropping passport at crime scene, police say
- Teens kill mother possum and 4 babies in Snapchat video, police say
- UCF students to give free bionic arms to children with missing limbs
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.