OKLAHOMA CITY - Quick Facts:
- The House Appropriations and Budget Committee may consider HB 1114
- The state's bill information says it was withrdawn, but the House Republic Caucus says the hearing happens Monday at 4:30.
- The bill proposes a $1,000 pay raise for 2017-2018.
- Additional raises total $2,000 and $3,000 for the following school years
- The House Republican Caucus claims the raises would put Oklahoma teachers as the highest-paid in the region
- Read the bill here
- Proposed salary increases by the Senate HERE
Other bills involving teacher salaries:
Scroll down for salaries by state
HB 1237 extends the minimum salary schedule through 2027 without any increases
HB1359 changes minimum salaries for teachers; for example, a new teacher with a bachelor’s degree currently receives a base salary of $31,600. Beginning in the 2017 school year, a teacher in that category would begin with a salary of $36,000. HB1359 does not give parameters for future years.
HB 1367, 1524, 1776, 1640 establish a similar increase to 1359.
HB 1626 abolishes the minimum salary schedule.
HB 2336 proposes a slightly lower increase in the schedule- a brand new teacher would receive $33,600.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Father, son killed by each other in head-on collision
- Woman removed from home was 'molded to chair'
- Catoosa restaurant stirs up debate firing 12 after 'Day Without Immigrants' protest
- Flooding closes OKC Memorial Museum
- Rainy start to the week but great conditions ahead
© 2019 Cox Media Group.