TULSA, Okla. — Quick facts:
- A man said he saw his neighbor's pool house catch on fire.
- The homeowner tried to put out the fire and suffered minor burns.
- Firefighters were able to put out the fire.
Tulsa firefighters responded to a fire in a midtown home Saturday morning.
A man and woman were inside when the fire started near Independence and Harvard.
A neighbor saw the fire and woke them up to let them know their pool house was on fire.
The homeowner said he and his girlfriend made it outside, but the man was unable to put out the fire with a water hose and fire extinguisher, burning his head in the process.
FOX23 Jenny Young reported this story on FOX23 News This Morning:
EMSA said the burns are minor.
Traffic in the area was blocked off part of the morning as crews had to run a hose from the hydrant across the street.
- Storms tear through Claremore, take down power
- Hospital normalizing after damage in Claremore
- State officials consider furloughing Oklahoma state troopers
- Humorous petition gains serious attention in Kevin Durant exit
- 2 nuns found slain in Mississippi home
Cox Media Group