TULSA, Okla. — A collection of historical markers is being installed along Route 66 in Tulsa starting this week.
The project is part of the Vision 2025 package and is expected to be complete within two to three weeks.
City officials said the markers will features "tourist-oriented narratives and historical photos."
Some markers will be placed in the following places:
- Route 66 Eastern Gateway on East 11th Street near South Garnett Road
- Rose Bowl, 7419 E. 11th St.
- Bama Pie Company, 2745 E. 11th St.
- Casa Loma Hotel (now the Campbell Hotel), 2636 E. 11th St.
- Tulsa Monument Company, 1735 E. 11th St.
- Warehouse Market, 925 S. Elgin Ave.
- 10th Street and Main Street
- Cathedral Square, 22 W. 10th St.
- Blue Dome District, East Second Street and South Elgin Avenue
- McIntyre Airport, East Admiral Place and Sheridan Road
- Cyrus Avery, East Admiral Place and Yale Avenue
- Admiral Place, East Admiral Place and Harvard Avenue
- Whittier Square, East Admiral Place and Lewis Avenue
- Route 66 Village, 3770 Southwest Blvd.
- Red Fork, Southwest Boulevard near South 25th West Avenue
- Crystal City, 4261 Southwest Blvd., near the Route 66 Western Gateway
© 2021 Cox Media Group