TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Hillary Clinton took to Facebook to comment on a deadly south Tulsa shooting
- Khalid Jabara was killed last Friday at his home. His neighbor, Vernon Majors, is the suspect
- The family had a history of problems with Majors making racially charged remarks toward them
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton weighed in Thursday on a deadly south Tulsa shooting making national headlines.
Khalid Jabara was shot and killed last Friday at his home. The suspect is his neighbor, Vernon Stanley Majors.
Majors allegedly shot Jabara on his front porch just minutes after police had been at the home in response to a call made by Jabara's family.
The family had trouble in the past with Majors. He's also facing trial on accusations of running over Jabara's mother with a car last year. The family filed multiple protective orders against him.
Clinton shared a Facebook status posted by a family member of Jabara. She called the attack "an attack on all of us" and called for unity to ensure similar attacks don't happen again.
Victoria, my heart breaks for you and your family over the loss of your brother Khalid. An attack like this is an attack on all of us, and we must come together to ensure that no other family loses a beloved son or daughter because of prejudice and bigotry. - Hillary Clinton
- Dozens of Green Country districts return to class
- Brazil pulls 2 of Lochte's teammates off plane amid robbery probe
- 2 critically hurt in hammer attack, suspect on the run
- Louisiana flooding victims struggle with where to live
- Arkansas, Tulsa police make arrests in 2-state robbery ring
Cox Media Group