COLLINSVILLE, Okla. — A video and message posted by a Green County mom is spreading quickly on social media.
Christy Rowden posted the video Monday afternoon after a heartwarming moment at a local park.
Rowden said she was at the park with her two children that afternoon when a bus of students from Oologah Upper Elementary pulled up and started playing on the basketball court.
Rowden’s son is seven and is adopted from Uganda. Rowden said he can be shy and, as a result stood back as the older boys played basketball.
Soon after, the fifth-grade boys reportedly came up to her son, Asher, introduced themselves and invited him to play.
The boys quickly welcomed him into their game, cheering him on and giving high-fives.
Rowden said the moment brought a tear to her eye, especially since she is the mom of a black boy in a mostly white community.
Rowden shared the post to remind people that there is still good in the world and to thank the children who were so kind to her son.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- 5 hacks to keep your smartphone charged during a power outage
- FOX23 Investigates: Veteran faced with debt
- Woman killed in freak accident while taking children to school
- MUST HAVE- Download the FOX23 News app for breaking news & weather alerts
- TPS: No school on Election Day for Tulsa