CATOOSA, Okla. - The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is celebrating its 10-year anniversary in the Tulsa area.
September marks a decade in Catoosa for the casino that opened in 2009, although Cherokee Nation has owned a resort on the property since 1993.
FOX23 Reporter Cailey Dougherty talked to Chuck Garrett, CEO of Cherokee Nation Businesses -- owners of the casino -- on Monday.
Garrett says they are currently working on upgrading the exterior of their 1.3 million square foot facility.
They recently finished a new spa and expanded pool area and opened Track 5 in February -- a new country-themed area with games and a dance floor and bar area.
Cherokee Nation and its businesses across Oklahoma had an impact of $2.2 billion over the past year.
Hard Rock employs 1,800 people and brought private investment and growth to the Catoosa area surrounding the property.
- Officers who stopped mass shooter to receive Medal of Valor from President Trump
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- University of Tennessee makes homemade shirt after boy was bullied into official design
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Florida man buys more than 100 generators to donate to the Bahamas
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.