TULSA, Okla. - The Greenwood Art Project is looking to add more artwork in honor of Black Wall Street.
Mayor G.T. Bynum and MacArthur Fellow Rick Lowe are kicking off the Call for Artist Proposals Thursday in an effort to bring in public artworks celebrating and commemorating Black Wall Street.
A news conference held Thursday explained the next steps in proposals for the project:
Lowe is a nationally renowned artist and founder of Project Row Houses. He is working with Oklahoma artists to "tell the story of Greenwood" through eight temporary art installations.
Bloomburg Philanthropies announced the grant funding the art project in January.
More than 200 cities applied for the 2018 Public Art Challenge.
- Recall alert: 135K pounds of chicken recalled due to listeria contamination
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Trump signs student debt forgiveness for disabled veterans
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- California man arrested while trying to fix flat tires with gauze, Band-Aids, deputies say
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.