PAWHUSKA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- A substitute teacher in Pawhuska is accused of exposing herself to a class.
- Lacey Sponsler reportedly did a cartwheel while not wearing any underwear.
- She was arrested Tuesday.
- She pleaded not guilty on Friday and is set to appear in court Feb. 9.
Police arrested a substitute teacher Tuesday after she reportedly exposed herself to a classroom of students.
Pawhuska Police Chief Scott Laird released a statement Tuesday evening saying the Lacey Sponsler exposed herself while doing a cartwheel in front of a junior high choir class.
According to an affidavit, Sponsler allegedly told students about previous drug use in her life, said "she thought 14-year-old boys were like men" and announced she was not wearing underwear before performing the cartwheel.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- #GoRedForWomen: Awareness to heart disease, strokes among women
- Proposed law would make it harder for Oklahoma couples to divorce
- Hooters to open Hoots, new restaurant with male servers
- Burglars hit seven cars in the same Tulsa neighborhood
- West Tulsa fire victim uses Facebook to get help
- Police, U.S. Marshals arrest Texas fugitive in Tulsa
A student reportedly caught the incident on camera.
According to the affidavit, she denied performing the cartwheel. After police told her about the video, Sponsler said she did not remember the cartwheel or exposing herself.
Superintendent Dr. Neufeld with the school district released a statement Wednesday:
© 2020 Cox Media Group