PITTSBURG COUNTY, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Dustin Lance was arrested in 2016 and brought to the Pittsburg County Jail.
- He said another inmate gave him a pill that left him in pain and resulted in irreparable damage, but jail employees refused to grant him medical treatment and even mocked him for four days.
- Now, he's filed a lawsuit against jail employees and county officials, requesting $5,000,000.
A man arrested in Green Country last year is suing after he says jail employees’ negligence left him with irreparable harm to his genitals.
In a lawsuit filed last month, Dustin Lance claimed that employees at the Pittsburg County Jail refused him treatment as he experienced what he says was “unbearable” pain.
The lawsuit names the Pittsburg County Board of Commissioners and a number of jail employees, including the Pittsburg County Sheriff, as defendants.
Lance claims that in 2016, after he had been admitted into the jail on burglary and possession of dangerous substances charges, he was given a pill by another inmate that resulted in an erection that lasted for four days.
The lawsuit says that Lance reported his condition to staff at the jail and that multiple employees were aware of his medical trouble, but Lance claims they refused him treatment or access to medical care until four days after the pain began, mocking him for his condition while he complained that he wanted to seek medical treatment.
The lawsuit says that Lance had already suffered permanent damage by the time he was taken to the McAlester Regional Hospital, and doctors allegedly recommended that he be transferred immediately to Tulsa to see a urology specialist.
However, Lance was taken back to the jail.
Now, he says his permanent injury was caused by jail employees’ negligence, and he’s asking for $5 million over what he says was gross negligence and a violation of his civil rights.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Yellowstone supervolcano could erupt much sooner than predicted, study reveals
- 'Like' FOX23 News on Facebook for the latest news & trending stories in your timeline
- Warrant alleges mother put two toddlers in oven, turned it on
- Hostage shot in bank robbery files lawsuit against law enforcement
- Missing airman found 40 years later living double life after desertion
© 2018 Cox Media Group.