BROKEN ARROW, Okla. - A tracking device tucked into an empty cellphone box led police right to a pair of suspects accused of stealing it from a Broken Arrow Walmart.
Police said brothers Sammy and Christopher Lee walked out of a Walmart store with Beats headphones, an Xbox, speaker and an iPhone box. It amounted to over a thousand dollars in stolen merchandise.
One of the men worked on gathering the items while the other tried to distract employees, investigators said.
Police later received an alarm call from a company that monitors security for Walmart. The GPS information from the tracker was used to locate what was taken.
Not only did the iPhone box have a tracker in it, there was never a phone in the first place. Just a note that said, “hold for customer.”
Once the brothers arrived home, police were not too far behind.
- Tiger Woods sued by parents of bartender employee who died in drunken driving crash
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Comedian Tim Conway, star of 'The Carol Burnett Show,' dies at 85
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Tulsa deputy under investigation after using slur in video
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.