SAPULPA, Okla. - Gov. Kevin Stitt honored four Sapulpa students Monday who saved an older woman from a burning home last month.
Stitt recognized Seth Byrd, Nick Byrd, Wyatt Hall and Dylan Wick in a ceremony at the Central Technology Center Campus in Sapulpa.
According to the district, in late May, Catherine Ritchie became trapped in her home just before bedtime when she realized her room was burning. The four boys were outside when they smelled smoke, heard an alarm and rushed into action.
District officials said Nick Byrd got into the house through a back door and carried Ritchie out after finding her in the hallway.
- Large rat falls from Buffalo Wild Wings ceiling, lands onto menu, woman says
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Formula sold at Walmart recalled over possible metal contamination
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- High levels of arsenic found in bottled water sold at Whole Foods, Target, Walmart, study says
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking alerts sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.