TULSA, Okla. - An investigation is underway to determine how a box full of evidence ended up in a Glenpool police station dumpster.
Police said the evidence was accidentally thrown away. City officials also said the incident appears to be a mistake, but have asked for evaluation from the Tulsa County District Attorney’s Office.
Officials said on Friday a routine clean-up was underway inside a property room at the police station. A box containing police documents was accidentally thrown away with some trash, they said.
They did not reveal the contents of the box, but said the documents were about a decade old.
All of the documents were recovered, undamaged, after officials realized what happened.
- President Trump tweets there is "no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea.".
- Condemned home in north Tulsa engulfed in flames
- U.S., Canada and Mexico win 2026 bid for FIFA World Cup
- Deadly two-car crash in Rogers County
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
© 2019 Cox Media Group.