OSAGE COUNTY, Okla. - Members of a local volunteer fire department said they’re disappointed after thieves got away with a donated item to help the department raise money.
Surveillance video shows two people casing the parking lot of the Black Dog Fire Department in Osage County, then wheeling away a $1,200 generator.
Firefighters said they had the generator out in preparation for an annual yard sale. The community donates items, then the department sells them and uses the money to benefit the department and the community.
The Black Dog Fire Department serves about 4,500 people in Northwest Tulsa and Osage County. Firefighters said that by stealing the generator, they stole from the entire community.
If you know anything about the people seen in the video, or want to contact the department, call 918-425-3200.
- Las Vegas mom accused of drowning 2-year-old daughter in bathtub
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- One man arrested after shooting at Mother's Day gathering in south Tulsa
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Mother charged with felony child abuse after children found living in roach-infested home
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.