TULSA, Okla. - The Gathering Place continues to catch the national spotlight.
The Tulsa park was named one of TIME Magazine's "World's Greatest Places" of 2019 on Thursday.
The 100-location list does not rank its "Greatest Places" in any particular order, but the Gathering Place was among its section of places "To Visit."
Other included on that portion of the list include other destinations like Disneyland's "Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge," Zakouma National Park in Chad, and several others.
This is TIME Magazine's second annual list of the "World's Greatest Places."
"To compile our second annual list of the World’s Greatest Places, TIME solicited nominations across a variety of categories—including museums, parks, restaurants, and hotels—from our editors and correspondents around the world as well as industry experts. Then we evaluated each one based on key factors, including quality, originality, sustainability, innovation and influence." - TIME Magazine
Read more here.
- Recall alert: 135K pounds of chicken recalled due to listeria contamination
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Trump signs student debt forgiveness for disabled veterans
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- California man arrested while trying to fix flat tires with gauze, Band-Aids, deputies say
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.