CLAREMORE, Okla. — One of two Rogers County brothers convicted after a deadly hit-and-run crash asked the judge to let him skip jail time and join the Marines instead.
The judge denied the request, sentencing Gage and Dakota Shriver to 25 yeas in prison.
FOX23 learned from pre-sentence investigation reports that Gage Shriver asked the judge to allow him to join the military in lieu of serving time in jail.
FOX23's JJ Burton is updating the sentencing hearing live from the courtroom:
The Shrivers' mother, Dorothea Butanda, faces a judge in January after waiving her right to a jury trial.
- Al Franken will resign amid allegations of sexual misconduct
- Mayfield runs away with AP Player of the Year
- Corey Feldman's 1993 tapes about sexual abuse have been found
- 3 dead, including attacker, in New Mexico high school shooting, authorities say
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
5 Reasons to Get a Flu Shot
© 2019 Cox Media Group