BROKEN ARROW, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- 5 members of the Bever family were killed nearly a year ago
- The future of their Broken Arrow home is in question
It’s been nearly a year since five family members were murdered in their Broken Arrow home.
Robert and Michael Bever are accused of killing their parents and three younger siblings late on July 22 of last year.
Two children survived. One of them was a baby.
Now, the process is underway to give the deed to the house back to the mortgage company over it. They will then be free to do what they want with the property.
The company has not said what it plans to do.
Neighbors are still disturbed by the home and are anxious to see something happen. They’ve worked to keep the yard maintained in the meantime.
Some said they’d like to see the home bulldozed and a new one built. Other said it should become an extension of the park that runs up to the back of the property.
FOX23’s Lynn Casey talked with the president of Coldwell Banker about the property and learned that a home that carries the psychological impact of a several murders can easily lose at least 30 percent of its value.
- Tulsa police looks to repair community relations
- Day 6 of Wagoner County outages, Day 3 of heat advisories
- Green Country inches to first 100-degree day
- Oklahoma-based Bar-S foods issues hot dog, corndog recall
- Authorities to provide details about Kansas officer’s death
© 2018 Cox Media Group.