TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Tulsa Public Schools is testing every water fixture in every school in the district for lead and copper to make sure it's safe for students to drink.
- The district teamed up with the City of Tulsa to provide testing for free.
- The district checked about half the schools so far.
- Test results show that of the more than 700 samples tested, about half had detectable lead levels, and 12 had levels high enough the district took action at seven schools.
- LOOK UP SCHOOLS: Check the results for all schools
- The district should be finished testing at all the schools by the end of next school year.
- WATCH the FULL investigation:
© 2019 Cox Media Group.