- New turnpike coming to Tulsa in the west Tulsa area
- Leaders hope the new turnpike will lead to economic growth
- Critics say that’s not always the case
- FOX23’s Janna Clark is taking a look at how turnpikes impact development
- WATCH her full story above.
A quarter billion dollar turnpike coming to Tulsa with a promise from city and state leaders to fuel economic growth.
"This is an important buy in for the economic development of Tulsa itself," Gov. Mary Fallin said at the announcement of the turnpike.
FOX23 investigative reporter Janna Clark found out that might not be the case.
WATCH her full report above.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Florida police say woman offered sex for chicken nuggets
- Feds raid Benny Hinn ministries
- Judge rules Terence Crutcher's past cannot be used in Betty Shelby's trial
- Oklahoma lawmaker wants to divert seized 'drug money' to U.S. border wall construction
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.