TULSA, Okla. - Two girls from Welch were abducted and murdered nearly 20 years ago and the search continues for their remains.
Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman have been missing since December 1999. FOX23 has been covering the case for years and reported in 2018 when an arrest was finally made in the case.
FOX23's Tiffany Alaniz sat down with the Freeman family in a rare interview to talk about their memories of Ashley and their frustrations with the case.
Freeman's grandfather Glenn reflected on his granddaughter's life and talked with Alaniz about the day Ashley went missing. “Well, the hard part to think about the day before they took them -- she was 16 years old," he said.
Lauria Bible was staying the night with Ashley to celebrate her 16th birthday that night.
Investigators say Phillip Welch, David Pennington, and Ronnie Busick killed Danny and Kathy Freeman then abducted Lauria and Ashley.
A private investigator found an insurance card near the scene that belonged to Welch's girlfriend.
Welch and Pennington later died but Busick was arrested in 2018. Authorities have yet to find the bodies of the two missing girls.
The full interview will be available to watch on the free FOX23 News App. DOWNLOAD the app on your smartphone, Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon streaming devices.
- Oklahoma man arrested after Arizona police find body during traffic stop
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- China tariffs: Which goods will you see jump in price? Here's a list
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Bill Nye offers fiery, profanity-filled warning about climate change
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.